Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3681 in lilypond: convert-ly doesn't handle \t

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3681 in lilypond: convert-ly doesn't handle \tweak syntax change
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 16:10:07 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3681 by address@hidden: convert-ly doesn't handle \tweak syntax change

It's annoying. And it's not really an "Invalid" issue as much as a "wontfix" (but there is not much of a point cluttering the open issue list with an "Accepted" entry that is not going to be addressed). Tweaks in lyrics are a bit of a stepchild, and the advantages for being able to use \tweak as a camouflaged \override are more important than the ugliness in lyrics mode.

But it is an ugliness. No mistake about that. Differentiating between foo and "foo", when it happens, will make the workaround a bit less ugly, but it will be required nevertheless. And I don't see that we can do this particular conflict nicer, or create a convert-ly rule that would convert this reliably.