Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail o

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:44:00 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden

Comment #1 on issue 3674 by address@hidden: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms

Here is another point to consider: the error message is basically the format string for a failed argument check output. The ~A and ~S should really have been replaced by the problematic expressions. On my computer, all of them are when I trigger similar errors in ly:stencil-stack or via stencil-stack-lines (the caller here).

Now one might assume that some format routine not equipped to deal with ~A or ~S comes into play here via some redefinition or whatever. However, on my system all of format, simple-format, ly:format can deal with those format strings (including uppercase) just fine.

So step one would be to figure out what makes stuff go wrong on the afflicted computers. Is this platform-dependent? My system is i686, a 32bit system.