[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail on so

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3674 in lilypond: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:38:20 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Build

New issue 3674 by address@hidden: Multiprocessor builds fail on some platforms

We have had reports from Ubuntu that their 20-job PowerPC build failed, but we also have reports from our own developers/testers. Most recently, the following was added to a report by James:

Hmm..

OK this fails a make check now

--snip--
Processing `/tmp/build-lilypond-autobuild/out/lybook-testdb/cc/lily-70e4744b.ly'
Parsing...
Renaming input to: `/tmp/lilypond-autobuild/input/regression/page-turn-page-breaking-badturns.ly'
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects.../tmp/build-lilypond-autobuild/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/stencil.scm:75:24: In procedure l
y_stencil_stack in expression (ly:stencil-stack next Y ...):
/tmp/build-lilypond-autobuild/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/stencil.scm:75:24: Wrong type argument in position ~A (expecting ~A
): ~S
--snip--

and THIS is the same message:

"Wrong type argument in position ~A (expecting ~A): ~S"

I get on those odd make doc compile fails.

Just to prove it is the same thing I'll go back down to CPU count of 3 and retest

[...]

I currently don't have better information than that available.

Which is bad since this is rather problematic.
Patchy the autobot says: passes make, make check and a full make doc. (with a j3 make instead of j6)