Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3663 in lilypond: Crash with \repeat ... \alte

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3663 in lilypond: Crash with \repeat ... \alternative and \remove "Bar_engraver"
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 20:27:09 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3663 by address@hidden: Crash with \repeat ... \alternative and \remove "Bar_engraver"

I remember that there were issues when a volta bracket
spanned more than one line; the continued volta bracket
does not start on a bar line at the beginning of a line,
so the scheme code threw an error on these occasions,
so I added the test for left/right-bar-broken.

I have to admit that the volta stuff came in very lately.
The obvious displacements of the volta brackets didn't show up in
the regtests wgile testing the bar line compound routines, so
all the volta rewrites came in when the bar line code was ok.

I cannot remember all the details, but the regtests were kinda broken
(at least on my machine) and the volta rewrite was tough stuff for me.
I am quite sure that there would have been a way to recode this in a
more concise and clean way if volta brackets had been considered
earlier in the development ... sorry for the inconvenience.