Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3281 in lilypond: 3 or 4 pages

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3281 in lilypond: 3 or 4 pages
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 04:10:31 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 3281 by address@hidden: 3 or 4 pages

I still hesitate to add this backward-compatibility switch, because I can't see any use for it. Thinking through all the combinations of options (in the code for page-turn-breaking, where we need to estimate page-fits) was difficult, at least for me.

I asked on -user, what people use ragged-bottom for.

We could keep 'ragged-bottom' behaving as it does now, and change only 'ragged-last-bottom' to allow vertical compression or a gap on the last page. That makes the code simpler. I inserted a page doing this in the Rietveld page, leaving the patch currently under review at the end.