Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 355 in lilypond: \repeat bar lines get messed

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 355 in lilypond: \repeat bar lines get messed up
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:52:08 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 355 by address@hidden: \repeat bar lines get messed up

Ok, I've reconsidered.  We don't get bar placement right for a simple
\relative { c'4 \repeat volta 2 c c c c c c }
The whole repeat-volta code is not prepared for proper accounting. Under that premise, this patch gets more things right than the situation without this patch.

That would make it ok to accept.

However, it also introduces configurable context variables, and those could likely not keep the same behavior in case \repeat volta was improved for non-integral bar pieces.

Quite a number of our regtests change from one bad behavior to a different bad one, basically because the assumption "repeats (with each alternative) should make up a number of whole bars" is violated. With this patch, at least the additional condition "and should start at a whole bar boundary" is lifted.