Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with v

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with vertical spacing and/or the page layout than 2.16
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 16:02:12 +0000

Comment #41 on issue 3631 by address@hidden: 2.17 does a worse job with vertical spacing and/or the page layout than 2.16

@comment #37: "This will also allow us to do away with the "pure-relevant" array." You probably mean "pure-relevant-grobs".

@comment #36: "I regret wasting the time figuring out why, but the patch works." Well, I don't get it from the description yet, but I have not looked all too closely. Could you think of strategically placed comments that would have significantly reduced the time you wasted figuring out why this works? If so, could you add them into the review so that Mike can put them in?

We are dealing with tough material, and it's not clear who is going to be working with it (or replacing it) in future. It would be good if we could avoid someone else having to waste too much of his time figuring out just the same.