Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3641 in lilypond: Example for \accepts in N.R.

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3641 in lilypond: Example for \accepts in N.R.5.1.7 broke
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:09:35 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 3641 by address@hidden: Example for \accepts in N.R.5.1.7 broke

Regarding comment #4: "I am still a little surprised that the example at the top of this issue can work."

The following code produces the attached output (also a warning that is comparatively straightforward to address for the user):
warning: Ignoring Vertical_align_engraver in Axis group

\new StaffGroup \with { \consists "Axis_group_engraver" }
{ \new Staff  { c4 c4 c4 c4 \stopStaff }
  \new TabStaff { c4 c4 c4 c4 \stopStaff }
  \new RhythmicStaff { c2. c8 c4 c4 \stopStaff }
  \new DrumStaff \drummode { hihat1 }
}

To me, that looks like an excellent starting point for problems that are frequently getting askes on the mailing list, and being able to experiment without encountering memory-gorging fatal conditions makes it quite easier to discover things.

I'm not saying that you can't do the same manually by judiciously enabling and disabling just the right engravers: since this logic does nothing but selectively disabling engravers, of course you can also do so yourself.

But it's easier to discover those ways if a first attempt takes you half the way there (possibly with a warning) rather than crashing the system.

Attachments:
        xxx.preview.png  6.7 KB