Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3633 in lilypond: Patch: Freeze measurePositio

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3633 in lilypond: Patch: Freeze measurePosition while Timing.timing is off
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:47:25 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Enhancement -Patch-push Type-Defect Fixed_2_17_30

Comment #5 on issue 3633 by address@hidden: Patch: Freeze measurePosition while Timing.timing is off

Pushed to staging as
commit e54a1a9761969ec0609ded9588a46a7ff40ca74e
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Oct 26 08:22:18 2013 +0200

    Issue 3633: Freeze measurePosition while Timing.timing is off

    Also don't reset it in \cadenzaOff, and leave autoBeaming alone in
    \cadenzaOn/\cadenzaOff.  This should cause quite fewer interferences
    of cadenze with timing, accidentals, barlines and other stuff.

I'm tempted to include this into 2.18 as it does not really seem to affect any of the examples used in the documentation but leads to saner behavior when a cadanza does not start (and consequently stop) at a bar boundary.

However, there is no extensive evidence yet how this approach combines with autobeaming and manual beaming (note that even manual beams are affected by measure position, for example when orienting beamlets).

I consider it likely that this will fall in the "not more inconsistent/unusable than before" category, but there's no evidence yet.