Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2402 in lilypond: Extra bar-lines appear when

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2402 in lilypond: Extra bar-lines appear when cadenzas are mixed with time signatures
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:01:56 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden

Comment #10 on issue 2402 by address@hidden: Extra bar-lines appear when cadenzas are mixed with time signatures

When putting foo and bar actually back to back, \cadenzaOff and \cadenzaOn will be executed in the correct order.

Basically this report boils down to "conflicting overrides in different contexts or parallel music don't sort themselves into the order that I would consider most convenient in this particular but not in other cases".

I don't think that there is anything remotely reasonable that can be done here. There is no natural order or priority for setting Timing.timing to ##t and ##f. Short of magic, I don't see LilyPond has anything to do here, so barring any convincing arguments, I'm setting this to "Invalid" in a few days.