Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3639 in lilypond: tuplet of a single chord giv

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3639 in lilypond: tuplet of a single chord gives a syntax error
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:43:33 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3639 by address@hidden: tuplet of a single chord gives a syntax error

The viola section gets a lot of rhythm chords that are traditionally written in tremolo notation, and often the rhythm is a tuplet, so I see a lot of single-chord tuplets.

In similar situations I see
 \version "2.16.1" { \times 4/6 \repeat tremolo 3 {c'8 g'} }
which convert-ly also turns into a syntax error.

I guess the larger question is: will any of the new optional arguments to music functions be followed by syntax that does not reveal its type in the first token?

Convert-ly might have to insert a '\default' if any existing functions have been changed to use an optional argument (and that argument is not followed by '{' or '<<')