Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with v

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3631 in lilypond: 2.17 does a worse job with vertical spacing and/or the page layout than 2.16
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:32:29 +0000

Comment #21 on issue 3631 by address@hidden: 2.17 does a worse job with vertical spacing and/or the page layout than 2.16

I agree that spacing is important and this should be gotten under wraps before the next stable release. I think that the page spacing code hasn't really been touched in 2.17, and I'm guessing that there are some assumptions/values that exist in there from that don't apply to the new pure estimations.

If you apply print.diff to current master and print_old.diff to 2.14 before the unpure-pure-container change, you'll see these values being spit out. Note that I'm not sure that these values are actually important. If _everything_ is shifted by a constant, than the difference between the two numbers is irrelevant.

One interesting thing would be to work backwards from the pure minimum translations given in align interface. I'd bet that, for similar starts and ends, they are different between the two versions. Finding the source of this difference is likely the solution to the problem.

Attachments:
        print_old.diff  1.3 KB
        print.diff  1.2 KB