Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1127 in lilypond: Piano staff centred dynamics

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1127 in lilypond: Piano staff centred dynamics
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:53:38 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 1127 by address@hidden: Piano staff centred dynamics

Dear all,

I withdraw my promise for a 50 EUR-bounty on a solution of this issue.

This is not because I don't feel it's worth to deal with, or that it suddenly became very easy - quite the contrary. But since more than a year, I rarely used LilyPond - simply because I almost never need self-made sheet music anymore. I want to make sure that nobody is surprised if at some point in the unforeseeable future a dedicated and hard-working contributor solves the issue and claims his well-deserved money for a nice dinner, and I completely forgot about the issue in the meantime. Or, worse, I cannot even promise I will care by then - we're human after all. Plus it turned out that we don't have a clear specification how the optimal output looks like, and I want to save everybody the hassle of discussions and follow-up negotiations about further fixes whether (incremental?) improvements already satisfy the goals of the "request".

The money is not lost for LilyPond, though: it went to two contributors who are well known and very active these days, and who are fixing an incredible number of small and big issues in so many places I cannot count them. Thanks to all of you!

Alexander