Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3096 in lilypond: format-metronome-mark and me

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3096 in lilypond: format-metronome-mark and metronome-markup don't support styles other than default
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:40:59 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3096 by address@hidden: format-metronome-mark and metronome-markup don't support styles other than default

The patch announced in comment #4 tries to make all note-head- and flag-styles available for MetronomeMark and to open the possibility to use
\override Score.MetronomeMark.font-name = <what-ever>
without disturbing the intended note/flag-glyph.

Though, there is no automatic read out of style.

We currently use the combination of
\override NoteHead.style = ...
and
\override Flag.style = ...
(and maybe other settings) to get a certain style.

I've no idea how to receive the needed informations from those overrides for the MetronomeMark.

I thought about a context-property of type list, which could contain the relevant styles. This would be quit accessable for the new defined 'styled-metronome-markup'. Though, how to write and implement it properly is way over my head. And I'm afraid it would require some work with C++.