[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3601 in lilypond: Docs: new MIDI output capability

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3601 in lilypond: Docs: new MIDI output capability: panning, etc.
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 02:18:00 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 3601 by address@hidden: Docs: new MIDI output capability: panning, etc.

If issue 3581 works well, we should document the new feature in Notation Reference 3.5. Putting instruments on the left or right stereo output helps to proof-read a score by listening. I used the input below to test issue 3581:

\score { <<
  \new Staff="woods" {
    \key g \major
    \time 2/2
    \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"flute"
    \set Staff.midiPanPosition = #RIGHT
    \set Staff.midiReverbLevel = #1.0
    \set Staff.midiChorusLevel = #1.0
    \new Voice = "flauto" \relative c''' {
      r2 g\p g fis~
      fis4 g8 fis e2~
      e4 d8 cis d2
    }
  }
  \new Staff="strings" {
    \key g \major
    \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"violin"
    \set Staff.midiPanPosition = #LEFT
    \new Voice = "violino" \relative c'' {
      b1\p a2. b8 a
      g2. fis8 e
      fis2 r
    }
  }>>
\layout {}
\midi {
  \context {
    \Score
    tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 72 2)}}}