Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3566 in lilypond: Grace notes should be autobe

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3566 in lilypond: Grace notes should be autobeamed
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:24:40 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 3566 by address@hidden: Grace notes should be autobeamed

I've looked through the documentation. Invariably, every applicable grace group is beamed, manually. I have not seen any actual description of what to expect in relation of anything getting beamed or not. This is somewhat lackadaisical, but it basically means that the documentation in its current state does not state anything that would be wrong.

I lean towards removing all the manual beamings with regard to the 2.18 documentation but leave amending the text for a later revision.

There is one place where the engravers responsible for beaming are pointed out; adding the Grace_auto_beam_engraver there makes sense.

I don't think the current state warrants a convert-ly rule: it does not seem like the previous behavior is used to any reasonable degree, and it can always be reverted by removing the engraver. Anything that has been explicitly beamed before will stay that way.