Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3572 in lilypond: convert-ly should produce se

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3572 in lilypond: convert-ly should produce several backup files for each invokation
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:04:40 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 3572 by address@hidden: convert-ly should produce several backup files for each invokation

OK - I'm spending some time creating a patch for this (FWIW, Eluze, it's not quite a simple as it looks because we effectively have a "source" file in git\scripts and this is then built into the finally used script when we do a make). Anyway, I was testing it on my Ubuntu box and found that it appeared that neither the new version, or indeed the old version, created a backup file when I used the -e option. They should. After a fair amount of messing around, I found that it's because Nautilus regards *.ly~ as a hidden file. So we create a backup that anyone of Ubuntu with a graphical file browser won't see. Is that sensible?