Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3504 in lilypond: \hspace isn't aligned proper

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3504 in lilypond: \hspace isn't aligned properly by \fill-line (caused by fix to issue 3330)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:42:21 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3504 by address@hidden: \hspace isn't aligned properly by \fill-line (caused by fix to issue 3330)

It continues to look to me that the output from using fill-line with hspace is odd. The attached image comes from the code below. Where the 4 characters are surrounded by \null, \box \hspace, "", or other characters, they are evenly spaced with a space reserved on the right and left for the surrounding object. When they are surrounded with \hspace, that amount of space is reserved on the left (arguably correct) but a much larger space appears on the right. I don't see why that should be, and appears the essence of the bug.

Not sure it's serious enough to prevent a release candidate?

\markup {
  \fill-line {
    \null a b c d \null
  }