Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3522 in lilypond: \transparent does not create

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3522 in lilypond: \transparent does not create correct skylines in markups
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 07:54:23 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 3522 by address@hidden: \transparent does not create correct skylines in markups

I'll leave it up to Keith to decide how to proceed. There are two patches on the countdown to solve the same problem. I like this one because it is a more generic solution that solves \with-dimension, \pad-around and \transparent and allows users to give stencils arbitrary outlines and therefore arbitrary skylines. However, there have been concerns raised that the stencil data structure is overkill for the majority of cases and that there is no evidence that people want skyline spacing to kick in for the use of \transparent in markups. It is definitely not worth splitting hairs over - if Keith likes the skyline-box solution better, then I'm OK with it.