Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3507 in lilypond: Harmonic notes should have c

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3507 in lilypond: Harmonic notes should have concave sides
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:03:25 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 3507 by address@hidden: Harmonic notes should have concave sides

Phil,

Excellent work!  I appreciate Werner's concerns, though I
don't necessarily share them.  Personally, I feel that the
outside path should be symmetrically concave on all sides.

Ideally, someone could upload some high-res scans from the
"golden age of typesetting" that LP generally tries to
emulate, and we can go from there.

In the meantime, you might be able to appease Werner with an
image that shows your new glyph at 3 sizes (staff-sizes 11,
20, and 26), and for each of those sizes, show the glyph in
4 locations:

on a staffline, between two stafflines
on a ledgerline, between two ledgerlines

...with examples of the LP's current default glyph next to
each one.

But please use at least twice the image resolution on your
png.  I'd like to see more detail.

Are you adjusting the metafont code itself, or using a
"cheaper" approach?

Thanks a lot for this.
- Mark