Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2527 in lilypond: Finger-flag collision

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2527 in lilypond: Finger-flag collision
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 02:16:34 +0000

Comment #65 on issue 2527 by address@hidden: Finger-flag collision

I remove the recursive_add_support() with the patch for issue 3503, and patchy confirmed my findings of not change.

I did not at the time remove remove_duplicates() but since then I've found that backing out that change gives some (3%) speed-up on an orchestral score
        master          avoid remove_duplicates
 real   3m3.004s        2m55.687s
 user   2m53.331s       2m47.076s
 sys    0m1.172s        0m1.198s
and I saw that after issue 3365 a remove_duplicates() means we sort, remove, and then un-sort the array, which is rather ugly. I'll review backing out remove_duplicates() with issue 3503.