Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:58:05 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #37 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

Then, the goal is to create a patch that has just this and the functions
that get it up and running.  ... Then, apply the C++ code bit by bit
until the programming errors appear.

Well, the patch for issue 3199 is a reorganization of the way LilyPond avoids cyclic dependencies, so applying just part of the patch can easily put things in an inconsistent state and give errors.

Suppose we apply the changes to axis-group-interface.cc, the part that changes the meaning of 'pure-relevant' as I mentioned in comment 24. This makes the error messages appear, but seems to be the main point of the patch for issue 3199.

Let's at least see if we can revert 3199 without regressions
http://codereview.appspot.com/9229045