Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3490 in lilypond: Crash in orchestra.ly

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3490 in lilypond: Crash in orchestra.ly
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:56:26 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 3490 by address@hidden: Crash in orchestra.ly

Pushed the second of those after testing to staging as
commit d87f3084a9e83a72d509dbc5196800062eee3f28
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Aug 11 16:19:05 2013 +0200

    Avoid Scheme-computed Skyline_pair values to get collected before use

    Retaining them as SCM values until they are no longer needed avoids
    premature garbage collection.  This addresses circumstances in
    connection with issue 3490.

I am not adhering to the full patch countdown procedure since this patch makes no functional difference and is obviously (TM) correct and theoretically an improvement. It also has a low but non-zero probability of curing the problem, and if we take a week for each of those, we'll likely take months until finding the right one.

The previous patch concerning copy constructor usage is still on review, but mostly since I'm afraid that it might obscure the real problem without fixing it.