Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2199 in lilypond: Mark_engraver in StaffGroup

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2199 in lilypond: Mark_engraver in StaffGroup misplaces marks at top of Score
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:33:59 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 2199 by address@hidden: Mark_engraver in StaffGroup misplaces marks at top of Score

A couple weeks ago I tried playing around with changing side-position-interface::move-to-extremal-staff to instead move to the topmost (i.e. first seen) staff collected by Staff_collecting_engraver. The result is bad alignment, and a warning that the StaffSymbol lacks the axis-group-interface, which is kinda true, since Staff_collecting_engraver collects StaffSymbols, not VerticalAxisGroups.

I guess the problem 4cabd230 is trying to solve is that grobs with side-position-interface need to be in the same axis-group as the grob they are positioned relative to (does this make any sense? I am unfamiliar with the grob positioning code, so I might be entirely misguided.) In that case, the "true" solution would probably be to get the Staff associated with the topmost StaffSymbol collected by Staff_collecting_engraver, fetch its VerticalAxisGroup (made by Axis_group_engraver), and assign the side-positioned grob to that in side-position-interface::move-to-extremal-staff. This sound like an idea I might try out if I'll have time...