Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3432 in lilypond: skylined text alongside a st

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3432 in lilypond: skylined text alongside a staff consumes all memory under Windows
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:44:55 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3432 by address@hidden: skylined text alongside a staff consumes all memory under Windows

As noted in issue3383, there was one iteration of the code that ran into the "eats-all-memory" symptom on GNU/Linux, and the difference between "works" and "explodes" was one condition that was < rather than <= or vice versa. That would indicate one spot that is highly sensitive to numeric fluctuations. It may or may not be the one that fails under Windows, but it would at least be a starting point for investigation.

As I am working on a complete reimplementation (which takes its time) due to the overall quality of the code, I don't really want to invest time here myself, so the fastest measure would likely be a simple revert without further investigation. The problem solved by the patch seems quite less urgent than the problem it likely bought us.