Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 09:42:00 +0000

Comment #30 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

For me, conceptually, 3199 is a good idea. It articulates all relationships unpure-pure through the same mechanism instead of using series of lists. This reduces the complexity of the code base and allows for easier extensibility and flexibility.

If the approach itself is unsound or buggy, then I would be for reverting it as well. But I think 3199 is a good design decision that is revealing problematic designs elsewhere. My main question is: how did this patch cause issue 3385?

What may be worth it is to revert the patch for 3199 and commit it in many passes - one for each pure property being rearticulated in a pure-unpure container in define-grobs.scm. My initial counting says that this would represent 31 separate commits plus an initial commit with the C++ code. That way, we can isolate the problematic container and treat it separately.