Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3106 in lilypond: wrong accidental positions i

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3106 in lilypond: wrong accidental positions in polyphonic voices
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:26:15 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3106 by address@hidden: wrong accidental positions in polyphonic voices

I don't think that there will be a useful workaround easily. The main issue is likely that tied accidentals _do_ have to appear after a line break. Check out
\repeat unfold 10
\relative c''' {
  << { <gis cis eis gis>1 ~ q   } \\
     { eis,1                eis } >>
}
and it is clear where the reserved space is coming from. Basically, one would have to do two completely independent versions, one for use in the same line, one for use after a line break.

However, we also have a problem with reminder accidentals and line breaks independent from the tie problem, and it is likely that this would need to get addressed with a similar mechanism leading to two different versions of accidental columns depending on whether we have a line break or not.