Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:47:26 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-needs_work

Comment #27 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

It looks like we are already doing what I suggested, except that the code (side-position-interface) checks the direction of beams before even looking at its Y-extent. For it is written, "Avoid casting thine eyes on stems during the time of note-spacing, for they are unpure... but if the stem looked at us first, then it's okay, because she started it." That check starts the chain reaction that throws the error. Maybe we no longer need to check the stem directions before looking at them.

I hesitate to patch over top of the issue 3199 patch, given that the same aspect of that patch (removal of the pure-relevant? filter) is related to the infinite recursion of issue 3359.