[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3409 in lilypond: Rehearsal marks in a separate co

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3409 in lilypond: Rehearsal marks in a separate context cause error messages
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:30:58 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 3409 by address@hidden: Rehearsal marks in a separate context cause error messages

From https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-04/msg00178.html

When we use a separate context for rehearsal marks, they seem to push down the bar numbers. Debug builds of LilyPond report an error,
programming error: cyclic dependency:
   calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights
   (VerticalAxisGroup)

This occurs in versions back at least as far as 2.13.60 (except for a brief period in 2.17.17 when I had a different default setting for the Y-offset of RehearsalMarks). It seems to have something to do with RehearsalMarks trying to find their initial Y-offset before line-breaking.

\version "2.16"
<< \new Top   {s1 s1\mark \default s1 }
    \new Staff {R1 \break R1 \break R1 } >>
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \accepts "Top"
      \remove "Mark_engraver" }
    \context {
      \name "Top"
      \alias "Staff"
      \type "Engraver_group"
      \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
      \consists "Mark_engraver"
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN } }

Attachments:
        3409.png  4.5 KB