[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3407 in lilypond: Doc: Learning Manual example is

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3407 in lilypond: Doc: Learning Manual example is not as described
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:48:53 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation Regression

New issue 3407 by address@hidden: Doc: Learning Manual example is not as described

From https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-06/msg00009.html

The example in Learning Manual 4.4.3 after "Let’s see if this works" is not as described.

The 'f' in 'mf' has a loop extending to the right of its extent box, per its font design and probably on-purpose (but maybe not the right amount, see issue 725). Extents are used for horizontal spacing, which is the topic of this section, but now when choosing vertical placements LilyPond looks at the real stencil shape and notices that the overhang in 'f' would be closer to the 'm' than the default padding allows.

We can have the old output with 'mf' overhanging 'mp' with
 \override DynamicLineSpanner #'outside-staff-padding = #0
but I suppose we would rather use dynamics without overhang like 'ppp' 'mp' to concentrate on the point about horizontal spacing.

Attachments:
        skyline.png  4.8 KB