Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff mess

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3385 in lilypond: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 07:24:57 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 3385 by address@hidden: Ottava with cross-staff messes up beams

Marking the 8va-bracket as "cross-staff" means to delay its final placement until after staff-spacing, and that it might be clipped in the .eps output. Would that move the second 8va-bracket in comment 11 above both staves?

In the (slightly artificial) second example in comment 11, I thought we would want to place the 8va-bracket clear of a tentative estimate of the stem, then space staves allowing room for the 8va-bracket, and then set the stems and beams given the chosen spacing between staves ... someday teaching LilyPond to try to avoid the 8va bracket when setting the beam.