Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 08:12:00 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 2538 by address@hidden: LilyDev 3

I'm building a new LilyDev - calling it LilyDev3.

LilyDev2.7 was based on Ubuntu 12.04, as David found issues building doc on x86 systems with the ghostscript versions that came with 13.04 (Raring Ringtail), I have gone to 12.10 (LTS), used ubuntu minimal system and installed the Lubuntu Destop. This was simply based on the fact that I know a few people use LilyDev inside a Virtual Machine on relatively low powered Laptops.

Also it seems that Remastersys (the tool to create the LiveCD iso is now in the process of being forked and it is not clear if it will work in 13.04 yet.

As there is no specific need that I can see, to move to 13.04 at this time. Indeed, I have been, and am still, using 12.04 for patchy merge and patchy test. Those that can, will use their main operating system to facilitate a LilyPond Dev environment.

It will also remain as an x86 install - there is no specific need to 'go 64 bit' I can see, and it keeps LilyDev usable for everyone (inc. us 64 bit users with Virtual Hosts).