Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2832 in lilypond: clefOctavation should inheri

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2832 in lilypond: clefOctavation should inherit properties from Clef
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:32:21 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push Patch-waiting

Comment #15 on issue 2832 by address@hidden: clefOctavation should inherit properties from Clef

Ok, this is sort of stupid but rereading the patch, I think that this approach is sort of half-baked. Instead, one should rather exchange the line
        (stencil . ,ly:text-interface::print)
with
        (stencil . ,(text-interface::inherit-and-print X))
and write a function that will combine a few properties (like font-size, and like checking the parent stencil for being #f and/or using the parent stencil printer in some manner), stick them together and print. That way, any text property that is not overriden will get inherited automatically.

This would likely also be relevant for issue 2866. I'm not sure how much work this will be and I am currently still hooked on issue 3330, so I'm not sure how much sense it might make to go ahead anyway and later revert. But I'll at least delay pushing this one until I get a first estimate for the alternative approach, some time the next days. Putting to Patch-waiting until then.