Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3365 in lilypond: Patch: Create and use uniqui

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3365 in lilypond: Patch: Create and use uniquify function for removing duplicate Grobs
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 09:00:16 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 3365 by address@hidden: Patch: Create and use uniquify function for removing duplicate Grobs

Just a warning on this one: I'll be rereading the patch carefully again and then likely push it early. The reason is that sifting through random changes from the pixel comparisons for issue 3330 makes it hard to properly evaluate all actually actually related changes. Reviewers can't reasonably be expected to juggle with rebased branches, so I am pushing this early.

It does not remove all interaction between unrelated grobs but at least it removes the impact of memory allocation patterns on a significant part of the output phase. Impact on execution time and memory should be civil.