Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:46:03 +0000

Comment #61 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

Update: laissez-vibrer-tie-beam.ly is not apparently impressed by issue 3365 and that's understandable: issue 3365 is more about grob drawing order, not grob evaluation order. It turns out, however, that rebasing on the issue 3365 patch helps quite a bit with lowering the number of triggered pixel comparison regtests since pretty much every regtest involving differently colored overlapping elements is affected by random changes in drawing order.

Since laissez-vibrer-tie-beam.ly has changed tie length somewhat inconsistently while testing, I suspect that this is more related to scm/output-lib.scm mentioning
;;  laissez-vibrer tie
;;
;;  needed so we can make laissez-vibrer a pure print
;;
(define-public (laissez-vibrer::print grob)
 (ly:tie::print grob))

and then not actually doing anything (any more) to make laisser-vibrer differ in any respect -- probably an oversight in the implementation of issue 3199. So I am discounting this one. It is a pity that scripts/auxiliar/make-regtest-pngs does not use the same mechanism as "make check" for creating difference patterns on a nicely arranged HTML page.