Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3364 in lilypond: under windows format %e brea

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3364 in lilypond: under windows format %e breaks LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:50:02 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 3364 by address@hidden: under windows format %e breaks LilyPond

This bug is not a bug of LilyPond but rather of GUILE. However, LilyPond _does_ have an example using strftime in Documentation/snippets/adding-the-current-date-to-a-score.ly but this example does _not_ use the %e format string.

I see nothing that we can change in the LilyPond code base for improving the situation for the original bug reporter. Getting this problem fixed upstream would require finding out the affected versions.

I'd suggest that someone (TM) download and install GUILE 2.0.9 and/or GUILE 1.8.8 for Windows, then see how it reacts towards
(strftime "%e%m%Y" (localtime (current-time)))
given to the prompt on the command line. I'd be surprised if 1.8.8 does not show the same problem. Since GUILE developers are not likely to bother with 1.8.8 any more, it is likely more important to check whether 2.0.9 is still afflicted.