Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Example in Learning Manual n

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2777 in lilypond: Example in Learning Manual need to use the new stable release Version Number
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 17:38:09 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 2777 by address@hidden: Example in Learning Manual need to use the new stable release Version Number

I've spent a while trying to untangle this in my mind. Broadly, VERSION_STABLE and VERSION_UNSTABLE are little used - they are used for building the /web documentation. VERSION is created from the patch variable and is used for building everything else. It also has to be changed to a current stable when building a new stable version. I think this would best be solved by using a 2 stage "bump version" with each build. Stage 1, before the build - update VERSION_STABLE and VERSION_UNSTABLE to the version that will be released with that build. Stage 2 - after the build - update PATCH to the new patch level (normally VERSION_UNSTABLE+1).