Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 11:58:33 +0000

Comment #99 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

What is happening is that James is doing his job, and I am doing my job. We are not secretly conspiring in order to sneak changes past watchful citizens, so it is reasonably safe to assume that there have been no silent changes of promises.

I am quite fed up with this issue and have in the mean time dropped another two iterations in the wastebasket since Cairo creates awful output for the outlined three-strokes approach: the horizontal strokes are way too apparent, creating little hooks on the stems. One can bypass them by not doing the horizontal strokes as horizontal strokes but rather as filled areas, but the simpleminded replacement of "stroke" with "strokepath fill newpath" lets the file size explode again so I'd need to recode the areas to fill at top and bottom of the strokes explicitly in PostScript rather than using strokepath, with only mediocre hope for file size reductions and I am sick enough of this whole stupid issue that I need at least a few days of break before indulging on another path that is likely not going to placate anybody and will lead to demands of me putting up extensive bitmap comparisons and whatnot because people can't be bothered to run scripts and see for themselves, and all the effort likely for no gain at all in the end because there will be always one more thing to object to.