Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3342 in lilypond: page breaking regression

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3342 in lilypond: page breaking regression
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 13:30:42 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-new Patch-needs_work

Comment #12 on issue 3342 by address@hidden: page breaking regression
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3342#c12

Patchy the autobot says: Lots and lots of vertical layout changes, but related to marks and tempos. Not all of them are an improvement. For example, key-option-midi.ly gives the tempo mark more room, making for a nicer impression, while voice-2-midi and quantize-duration-2-midi cram it almost into notes. voice-4-midi and voice-5-midi are also worsened. It may seem strange that I mention the Midi regtests, but after all, they typically carry a \tempo mark. In fingering-directions.ly, the marks are _definitely_ crammed much too close to the fingerings. I am not enthused about how context-mod-with.ly stacks letters "T", "R" and "B" into sharps from the key signature, but "T" is definitely the worst of the three. In tablature-full-notation, the mark "A" in the last system creeps too close to a slur. In staff-map-voice-midi and staff-map-instrument-midi, the tempo marks come too close to music as well.