Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 12:32:56 +0000

Comment #49 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

ok, ok. I don't want bureaucracy, I'm just trying to get a grip on this issue. With the limited time i have and increasing volume of the discussion (that's not a complaint; it's good that the discussion is detailed!) i'm loosing the understanding of what we want to achieve.

Let's approach this differently: maybe you could use that wiki to write down *your own* specification, as it is progressing? (i.e. without having to disuss it, and without any "acceptation process".) If not in wiki, maybe you could include such specs in the patches themselves, as an addition to CG/some other manual?

The point is: i'd really love to be able to go to one place and read a description of what (not how) the stencil code is supposed to do, and why. For example, "add-to-stencil and derived functions should be associative" is an extremely helpful big-picture design information, and helps tremendously when reviewing code.

Of course, i don't demand that you do this. But without such info gathered in one place i'll probably be unable to participate int the discussion, unfortunately :(