Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3338 in lilypond: spacing after 2.17.13 is muc

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3338 in lilypond: spacing after 2.17.13 is much looser
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 08:10:35 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 3338 by address@hidden: spacing after 2.17.13 is much looser

Just to play devil's advocate, if it is true that ossia staves behave fundamentally differently than dynamics staves in that one, when empty, shouldn't reserve space and one should, then shouldn't this difference be encoded into the LilyPond document? For example, if we made:

\new OssiaStaff

and defined OssiaStaff as exactly the same as staff but with

\override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-empty = ##t

in addition to one or two other common ossia overrides, then it'd be a lot more lilypondish in that input reflects intention and the program responds accordingly. Of course, it'd screw up many an existing score, but if the syntax is more coherent, then it is worth it in my opinion.