Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 14:46:12 +0000

Comment #35 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

A purely visual comparison using make-regtest-pngs.sh turns up lots of differences: apparently when a grob is composed of different elements, the metrics of the normal "make check" don't really notice all too much.

If we are not going to rewrite a whole lot of code, the semantics need to be changed. One problem is that right now
stencil.translate ... stencil.at_at_edge
can't be interchanged as "add_at_edge" will at least advance to positive/negative coordinates left/right for symmetry reasons (making composing left-to-right and right-to-left equivalent). I don't think that this is compatible with expectations, so I'll have to remove that and see where this leaves us.