Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3342 in lilypond: page breaking regression

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3342 in lilypond: page breaking regression
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 20:09:34 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3342 by address@hidden: page breaking regression

We have tests like ‘page-breaking-outside-staff-estimation*.ly’ that reveal when the page-breaker estimation is off enough to change the number of pages used. The tiny adjustment in this patch doesn't change those, though.

Probably I shouldn't tweak layout changes just to make the (admittedly crude) page-breaker estimate the same. I just looked into this trying to figure out what caused the change reported here <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00000.html> that shows a 5-staff-space change in the estimated height of one system. There aren't any visible \tempo or \marks there, but an invisible \mark with some overrides is the only explanation I could think of.