Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:31:58 +0000

Comment #28 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

Chord-names-international uses something like

\markup
\override #'(word-space . 0.0)
\override #'(font-family . sans)
\line {
  \line { "Si"
          \line { \hspace #0.7
                  \raise #0.7
                  \smaller \raise #0.3
                  \musicglyph #"accidentals.flat"
                  \hspace #0.1
                }
        } "" \super "" "/"
  \line { "Si"
          \line { \hspace #0.7
                  \raise #0.7
                  \smaller \raise #0.3
                  \musicglyph #"accidentals.flat"
                  \hspace #0.1
                }
        }
}

in its last column for displaying Si b/Si b and it now becomes slightly wider. Why? It would appear that the flat accidental has a bounding box extending to its left. So it gets spaced with sufficient distance from the preceding character.

I don't see that we can space \parenthesize x nicely, giving its left extent enough space, without causing this size effect.

At least I assume that this is the cause