Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:28:53 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

Ok, I got another change coming up. Keith brought an example in issue 732 that looks like

\markup {"a" \hspace #-4 "b" "ccccc" \translate #'(-2 . 1) "ddd"}

Now, it is obviously impossible to fix both issue 807, this issue, and have the translate above stomp over ccccc unless we change negative translate to cut material off the left edge and that seems even more horrible. So if you want overlap, use negative \hspace. Translate will refuse to roll material into one another. I think that's acceptable.

I have to hone a few more things and then I'll put up a new patch.