Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 06:50:04 +0000

Comment #83 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

Then we could have the option -dsimple-stems, when drawing boxes between one and two times the blot-diameter, /reduce/ the line-width to half the overall width of the box. Then at the ends of the stems we got 0.16pt of curvature 0.33pt of straight edge and 0.16pt of curvature again--- a wee bit sharper.

Two adjoining but non-overlapping strokes might not cause trouble for the Porter-Duff antialiasing. It would certainly be more reasonable PostScript for a stem. Does this help with current Evince ? (It doesn't help xpdf, but even single-stroke stems look nonuniform in xpdf.)