Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames conte

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1367 in lilypond: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:33:41 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 1367 by address@hidden: Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language

It seems so.

Usually not. More likely somewhere like ly/music-functions-init.ly (just try searching where other lily commands are defined).
But i don't think you need to define any new comment in this issue.

Rule of thumb:
- the tracker is a place to mostly discuss the design of the patch (what the results should be),
- rietveld tracker is for discussing actual code after it was written,
- general questions regarding Lily codebase are usually best discussed on -devel.

OK, very useful to me.Thanks.

BTW, did you use git-cl to upload your patch or was the comment #4 written manually by you? Because one thing was missing - it should be set to Patch-new (which i'm doing now).

Yes, I wrote comment #4 manually. It was the first time for me to use such tools (git and Rietveld) in real world, really exciting!

I'm trying to get pitch's name from variable 'pitchnames'. Is it necessary to display alternative labels? I think it should be display in '#' and 'b' format.
The example below will produce this result: do re mi re#

Example:
\version "2.13.37"
\include "espanol.ly"
notes = \relative do' { do re mi red }