Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3307 in lilypond: Rest positions incorrect wit

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3307 in lilypond: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:37:52 +0000

Comment #46 on issue 3307 by address@hidden: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count

Regarding comment #43
I just started a little private poll about Rest-positions in tablature adressed to all guitarists I know. Not sure who will reply, though, I'll post any relevant result.

Regarding default-staffs:
Using _specified_ voices your patch will put the whole rest dropping from the line on which the half rest sits.
With this code
{
   \voiceOne r1 r2 r
   \voiceTwo r1 r2 r
}
the attached image returns.
Again, I think it's wrong, because the whole rest _should_ drop from the line above, where the half rest is settled. If the half rest is on the fifth line (with /voiceOne), the whole rest _needs_ a ledger line or r2 should be on the fourth line, at least in the default setting. I'd prefer the latter. If the half rest is on the first (with \voice Two), the whole rest should drop from the second. If Gould says different I don't follow her. And if this will be LilyPond-default I'll override the r1-position every time (in specified voices).

Clef-positioning:
Ok, I'll not insist further.
Though, I'll reject any score a composer/conductor wants me to play, using a standard clef like this.

Regarding comment #44
Including eigth rests in my positive comment was indeed intended!

Attachments:
        rest-position-patch.png  2.7 KB