Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1150 in lilypond: RehearsalMark at start of li

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1150 in lilypond: RehearsalMark at start of line should not be printed above the clef
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:14:40 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 1150 by address@hidden: RehearsalMark at start of line should not be printed above the clef

The common practice that we want LilyPond to produce by default is described in comment 5 above.

Of these examples, only two are described as putting the mark on the [virtual' bar line. IMSLP.org has these scores; the full scores on imslp.org show no rehearsal marks, but the parts do. The last five start-of-line rehearsal marks in the violin and viola parts are shown in the attached images. In cases where the rehearsal mark would overlap a tempo indication, the rehearsal mark is shifted up. The marks are placed by hand, and move a bit for the best fit, but I would say the nominal position is centered over the right edge of the time signature.

LilyPond produce that placement since version 2.14 by adjusting the defaults as shown at the top of issue 3279.

Attachments:
        Beethoven.jpg  20.5 KB
        Mahler.jpg  25.0 KB