Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1698 in lilypond: Slurs and ties are not corre

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1698 in lilypond: Slurs and ties are not correct over repeats
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 23:03:50 +0000

Comment #69 on issue 1698 by address@hidden: Slurs and ties are not correct over repeats

Since it seems we will postpone applying the correct fix (though we can still prepare the fix now) I'll record thoughts before I forget.

Using the \free( concept from the patch above, I think we want to :
remember each slur that is active at the entry to the alternatives, preferably its direction as well, and generate a corresponding \free( event at the start of the 2nd and later alternatives; remember each slur crossing the beginning of a repeat volta, and generate a corresponding \free) at the end of each alternative except the last.

Ideally, the slurs would be found and \free)( generated in each Voice sharing the same Timing_engraver, otherwise we need to document that a \repeat volta structure needs to be in the each voice that has slurs to be broken duplicated.

\version "2.17.16"
{ R1
  \repeat volta 2
  { r4 g'(  a' b' }